In a previous post, I highlighted the connection between stress and your skin. In this modern world, it doesn’t take much to become stressed. It is so easy for the busyness of the day to overwhelm you and cause you to shut down. I find that I’m a multi-tasker, for better or worse. At any given moment I have at least 15 different thoughts running through my head. To add insult to injury, I decided to start a business to add on to the other million things I have on my plate. It is the perfect chemistry to cause complications with my skin.
Over the past 2 years, I’ve been exploring Christian meditation. Not only is it a way to connect with God, but a way to center myself and not let the day get away from me. I am definitely not perfect. Most times I would rather focus on what I haven’t gotten done rather than focusing on the current moment. As I reflect more on the life I want to create for myself through Restored and other goals, I have to get a handle on appreciating what I have right now. When you’re in the moment you can focus on the real you with all the ugliness that it contains. But I find that when you’re not scared to confront yourself, you’re also not scared to affirm yourself. People around you are not always going to be motivated to encourage you-if you do have people like that in your life, that's wonderful! If you don't, below are 20 affirmations you can repeat for yourself during meditation or quiet times of the day:
- I will take nothing personally. People are who they are whether I was born or not.
- God is in control. His will,which is also my will, will be done.
- I am grateful for everything that I have received in my life as well as for everything that I will be receiving in the future.
- I choose to excel, not compete.
- I embrace the rhythm and flowing of my own heart.
- Giving up is easy and always an option so I will delay it for another day
- I let go of all the lies I tell myself.
- I know the answer is right before me, even if I have trouble seeing it.
- I take complete responsibility for everything in my life and therefore I am in a position to lead the life that I want to.
- I have as much brightness to offer the world as the next person.
- I choose to allow abundance and love in my life.
- Conflict cannot survive without my participation.
- In God I live and move and exist.
- I will make choices that demonstrate the care I have for my body.
- I choose to see the good in the people I interact with today.
- I will set aside time to be silent and breathe.
- I have the power to control my reactions to the challenges I will face.
- I choose to see each obstacle as an opportunity to grow.
- My faith makes me whole in spirit, soul and body.
- I set my heart and mind on things above, not earthly things. This gives me peace.
- July 08, 2015
- Tiffany A